Jade - Heber, Utah
Themes: sports

Jade Ruesch

This I Believe Essay

I believe that football is the best sport. when I say best, I mean most enjoyable to watch

and play. I believe football is an action packed sport that gets your adrenaline going. whether

you’re playing, watching or listening to it. I believe football is exciting for all ages, young and

Most of my best experiences in sports came from football. I was a lineman during the

two years I played. Lineman protect the quarter back, make pathways and over all support

each play. Highlights I have from playing football were many of my blocks and tackles. I

remember blocking several opponents and driving them straight to the ground. I remember

breaking through three lineman, sacking the quarter back, causing fumbles, running the ball

and even pushing my teammate into an opponent to make a tackle! Those were moments ill

never forget.

My coaches used to say, “Snot bubble em’!” Which meant hit or tackle them so hard that

snot comes out of their nose. I thought it was kind of silly and didn’t give it much notice until

it actually happened!

During one of my practices, our coaches had just got done yelling at us to give each play

all we got. So when I got on the line, and heard “Hut!” I shot up and slammed my opponent as

hard as I could. Sploosh! Snot flew right out of his nose. Laughing, while in shock, I looked at

my coaches. They were just as surprised as I was. Then one of them yelled, “Now that’s how

it’s done!”

I believe football is healthy. Not only physically, but mentally. Besides all the running

and conditioning football player’s do, they have to memorize plays. That takes some studying

and work, because you usually have to memorize about 15 to 20 plays.

Football has been a big part of my life and I am sure it will be for the rest of my life.