Kayla - Sabula, Iowa
Themes: work

Farming makes people grow

I believe that farming is good for everybody that wants to work hard for what they want, or need. I believe that if I had to explain about what I think that farming does to a person I could tell them in about five different areas. I truly believe that farming makes people work for what they really want in life. Being outdoors lets the mind forget about all the bad things that are happening. I believe that farming is good for everybody that wants to work hard for what they want, or need.

The real reason that people should look at farming more is because it is the major source of our economy. We would not have food, or anything that we depend on if the farmers were not out there everyday working to put food on the table of the all Americans. Farming families come together to get all the work done. I believe that farming makes individuals a stronger person both in body, and soul.

Farming has changed my entire life. I have found that I am a stronger person. I can handle a lot more things that happen in my life. I truly believe that I will always have farming in my life because I can help a lot of people. Knowing that I am helping put food on the table for many Americans makes my day. I feel happier being outside everyday. I get to think about a lot of things that are bothering me, and how to solve all the problems in my life. It also brought me closer to my boyfriends family. We go out, and help each other accomplish chores. Although, you have to put a lot of nighttime hours in, individuals have to bare through the weather in all conditions to get the work done. Anybody could do the hard work as long as they tried to accomplish what they want to get done. Farming should seriously be looked at more positively than just a person who goes out, and drives tractors, or plays with animals. Farming is the major source of our economy, and I think that we should all try to help improve the conditions that some farmers have to go through to get their crop to market.

I believe that we all should be able to work for what we want in our life. This is why I think that we should all look up to the people who work hard every day to help all of us survive. These are just some of my opinions why we should look at the farmer’s point of view on things when we are driving down the road yelling, and flipping them the bird for blocking the road. I truly believe that farming makes people work for what they really want in life.