Alejandra - Heber, Utah

Alejandra A

This I Believe Essay

Is Life fair

Do you know what you believe in? When my English teacher, Mrs. Porter, told us we had to wright a report on what we believed in. I thought to myself “Why are we supposed to know what we believe in. Wait are we supposed to know what we believe in by now.” It took me about four days to figure out what i believed.

Do you think your life is fair? If you do well good for you. Will I believe that life isn’t fair. It doesn’t matter how smart, rich,or famous at one point in your life you will say “thats not fair!”

I’ll tell you why I believe life isn’t fair with a story of a girl I know. This girl had supper cool friends. She was pretty and smart too. But a couple of years a go her dad got shot. And her life crumbled before her feet. Now she looks back and says that it wasn’t fair that her dad got shot. She knows her dad did nothing wrong he actually helped people. When my great aunt died he dedicated a special ceremony for her i thought that was nice of him.

There are many stories I know about life being unfair. There is one I know a little closer to me. When I was younger I had a friend named Samuel he was the nicest guy you would ever meet. No matter where you were if there was music he would dance with me. Samuel also taught me to be tough even in the hardest times. That is something that is not as easy done as said. About five years ago he got shot. Nobody ever told me that he had died. When somebody did tell me how and when he died, that is when I began to realize that life to me will never be considered fair. His death was actually very unfair; some person that didn’t care about his wonderful life just decided to kill him just because he didn’t want to vote for the president that he wanted. Living with out Samuel is one of the toughest things that I have done.

Thats why I believe life is unfair to me and to others. I may have only used death examples but that is what has brought me to believe that life is unfair. Once again if you think your life is fair good for you; because there are some whose life isn’t fair. Any how what do you believe in?