Sharynna - Topeka, Kansas
Themes: courage

Be Heard

Speak Up

I believe that all should be created equal and those who are not created equally should speak up. Millions of people today feel as if they don’t matter because of the harsh things people have said; a lot of these same people lose hope and they think that they can never amount to anything. People don’t speak up for themselves when they feel they have been wronged. There is no longer room for hatred in this world. Be different, but don’t follow others; you have the right to be treated equally, and you would be if you were to speak up.

Act as if you have a voice. Let these people know that you are with them in this world of silence. Let them know that you too have a few things to say. Millions in the U.S have been stereotyped, discriminated against, and put through a lot worse, so when is the time to speak up? Break out of that shell that keeps your tone to a whisper, because life can literally smack you in the face, . . . but only if you let it.

Don’t be the doormat that everyone walks all over, stand out and stand up for what you believe. You are entitled to your rights as a human being, better yet as an American. You are to only get what you put out. There are lessons in life, many trials you have to face in order to be heard, but honestly if you want any change in this world you have to maintain your confidence, continue motivating others (and yourself), and most definitely never give up. Work on your vocal skills and learn to be loud. Be heard.

After you’ve made many attempts to be heard and have still not succeeded, remember, never give up. Deep down in your heart you will remember that you tried, you may have fallen down each time but you continued to get back up. That right there is taking a big step towards change. So when you see someone that has been wrongfully brought upon “hatred”, tell them to speak up, don’t just stand there, speak up.