Peter - 84032, Utah

I believe in laughter.

Throughout all my life, I have relied on laughter and humor. I believe that being able to laugh at your self is one of the best qualities a person can have. No one is perfect, and everyone does stupid stuff; but I have found that after these stupid things are done, the best thing you to, is to laugh at them.

I believe that laughter is needed in good relationships. It is important to be able to laugh with friends. Some of the best times that I’ve had, were times filled with laughter: sitting on my couch with my friends, and just telling stupid stories that make me laugh so hard that I cry. It seems kind of childish, but I always feel closer to people when we can laugh together. I think that a good sense of humor or the ability to laugh is one of the most sought after qualities in an individual. It seems that a good sense of humor always will appear somewhere at the top of the list, when someone is asked, “What qualities do you look for in a man or woman?”

I believe people love to laugh. Groups flock around those that have the gift to make them laugh. People will pay big money just to laugh: comedians, movies, television, music, books, and magazines. Laughter brings people together, and it dissolves social walls. I have had experiences in my own life where I have had certain opinions about people that may not have been the best. But when I discover they have the ability to laugh and to make me laugh I seem to forget those differences that stand between us.

I believe that laughter can heal. It can heal a relationship that was broken. It can heal a bad attitude or a bad mood. There are those times when I feel like nothing can get me out of a bad mood, but as soon as something gets me laughing, I forget about what was keeping me from being happy. It can heal those that have lost hope in everything, including themselves. It can heal physical ailments. I truly believe that along with modern medical technology, laughter is the very best medicine.

Laughter can brighten my skies on a cloudy day. It can bring me back down to earth and help me remember what is really important. It can help me get to know more about people than I did before; including myself. Laughter overcomes prejudice. It is for everyone: all ages, sexes, races, and religions. Laughter makes the world a better place.

I believe in laughter.