Landon - Heber City, Utah

Having a Passion

Picture a place where everyone loves music. People play music all day — all kinds of different music: country, Metal, Rock, Folk, anything and everything. It’s a place where everyone loves music and plays it. That’s where I’d live. I love music. I love to play music. I believe everyone loves some type of music. I believe the best type of music is the music that motivates you, gets you to do something. I’m mostly into rock and metal. Rock and Metal is what gets me motivated to do something. I listen to lots of different kinds of music, because I think having an open mind is important, not just in music, but in our every day world.

I have always been interested in music and the instruments used, particularly the guitar though. Since the day I picked up my guitar I have never stopped playing it. Just thinking about my guitar and listening to music motivates me to get better. I’m always learning something new. The sky is the limit as far as learning goes.

I believe having a passion for something in life is very important. I think there’s no point in living if you don’t have a passion for something. Music is a passion of mine, learning and listening to it. Ever since I was a kid I always have had a passion for music. I loved the instruments my favorite bands used. I loved the sounds they made. I devolved my passion for guitars when I was little, in about the fourth grade. I just loved how cool guitar’s looked and sounded. I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world if I could own a guitar and actually learn to play it and be the best. I’m certainly not the best in the world, but I’m always getting better, because I will give up. I have even written a book on all my favorite guitarists and their guitars. It brings such a great joy to me when I play my guitar and I can actually tell I’m getting better. I don’t think I will ever stop playing guitar. It is my passion.

Music is my passion. Music and always learning new things is what makes my world go ’round. I motivated to learn new things and get better and better. Without my motivation and determination, I don’t know where I’d be today. My life would mean nothing. Music is my life. Having a passion for something and being motivated to do something, anything is the most important thing, I think, you can learn in life. This is what I live by. This is what I believe.