Tori - Heber City, Utah
Themes: courage, work

Be Who You Are

Jack Kerouac once said,

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things they push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people, who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

If you are yourself and don’t let anyone get in the way of your dreams, you will accomplish many great things. This I believe.

If you were told all the time that you weren’t good enough or you could never accomplish anything, then you would most likely just give up. The greatest thing in life is accomplishing something that someone told you, you couldn’t do. Don’t let other people influence your actions. Never change who you are for who others want you to be. My mom’s motto in life is whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.

It’s people like Abraham Lincoln who was just a farm boy and later became a United States president; he stopped one of the biggest conflicts in our nation: slavery. Or Bill Gates; he didn’t even go to college, and he said that there would be a desktop computer in every household. People laughed at him and called him crazy, but he didn’t let them influence him. Look at him now; he is one of the richest and most successful people in the world.

Sometimes I think that my parents are crazy and don’t know what is best for me. They have a strong influence on my life, I might think it is good or I might think it is bad, but in the long run it is the best thing for me. It is not just famous people who can have an influence on life.

Walt Disney once said “If you can dream it you can do it!” If you work your hardest and go for your dreams in life then you can accomplish anything. You have to be brave enough to be the outgoing and crazy people that change the world. Here’s to the crazy ones.