Ricky - St. Louis, Missouri

Money doesn’t buy Happiness

In today’s society the stereotype on money is to make everything better. And if you were to ask a group of people does money buy happiness, majority would say yes. I believe that most of the people that agree that money buys happiness are not thinking deeper into the situation. When most people hear the word “money”, they automatically think about the material things in life or things that need to be taking care of financially.

Money is needed on a daily life basic. Most of everything in the world has something to do with money. You need money to buy food, clothes, a house, a car, technology, and even an education. Money can make your life better, far as buying food to eat and buying clothes to wear. Money is not only necessarily needed, but is also considered being wealthy in the nation.

Money can make you happy, but can also make you sad. It can depress many people, if you don’t have it. If you don’t have money, you really don’t have a life. (Who doesn’t want a life?) With money, there is a thin line between happiness and depression (stress). Wanting money can be a depression. I know someone who has a lot of money, but couldn’t save his sister’s life. Money can’t save a life. Another reason is when people have a lot of money; they tend to break up relationships because of selfishness.

So, when I ask a group of people does money buy happiness? Things are the things they don’t think about, when they should.