Alexandra(sasha) - Heber, Utah

Imagination is important

One of my greatest friends told me that, “Imagination is the greatest thing we posses. It can grow and develop and we can learn so much from it.” I agree fully and completely with her because my imagination has become one of my greatest assets. In the course of my life, I have been artistic and I’ve created new things. For me sitting, down and thinking up new story ideas, writing them down, and re-reading them are not a waste of time but for some people that’s just the case.

If you come across the average person, you might find a sense of accomplishment, a great work ethic and a hint of pride. But, if you look deeper into their personality you can find a love of family, country, and fun, wherein imagination lies. But, too many people lately don’t believe in imagination and think it’s a waste of time. Sadly, when this happens it creates a very sad and boring person.

But, thankfully there are others who thrive on imagination in all its forms. Dance for example uses imagination with the style and performance of the dancer. Art definitely with paintings and sketches of an artist exemplifying their feelings and expressing what they see in their mind’s eye. In writing the author can create new worlds and different people all with the help of their imagination. Even a scientist is an example. Creating new chemicals and searching for a cure to disease.

All these people are using and improving their imagination for the betterment of mankind. Okay maybe not that many but they are trying to influence a great deal of people. More and more of these people are stepping up to the plate and creating new things, throwing new ideas out there and giving others a different view on certain things of the world. Family’s also as a group should grow in imagination. For example I have a little brother at home and he has begun to use his imagination by having an infatuation with Star Wars.

In most instances he goes around the house making lightsaber noises and swinging around a crayon. Now sometimes my mom will tell him to stop slaying the couch and fighting the alien race (my sisters) but more often plays the damsel in distress while my dad trains him to become a Jedi. His name has become Johnny Cone Skywalker and he has the most amazing imagination I have seen in a four year old yet!

I want us all to be like Johnny, have fun with our families, and grow in our imagination. Be outrageous every now and again, dress up and have a party! Now I’m not telling you to be silly all the time and goof away your day. Be serious sometimes, because there is a time and place for everything. But, also don’t be that boring person that has little or no imagination. Because don’t you think that if an entire side of our brain is devoted to fun and creativity shouldn’t we use it on a daily basis?

I think that imagination is one of the basic fundamentals of a happy life, and we should all grow and develop it. Have fun and be happy, live life to the fullest, and use your imagination every day and your life will be that much better. This I definitely and absolutely believe!