Misty - Rome, Ohio
Themes: peace, setbacks

Misty Ruhlman

Ms. Messmer

English 11:2

20 Dec 2007

Being Peaceful Counts

Misty Ruhlman is now a 17 year old girl from Kinsman, Ohio. Living just one mile away from the border of Pennsylvania and Ohio. She lived in Kinsman for thirteen years and in Middlefield for five. She now resides in Rome, Ohio, with her dad and two others. She plans to graduate from high school and attend college in California or Texas. However, currently, she finds herself smack dab in the middle of the snow belt hating the snow more and more each day.

I believe that being peaceful is extremely important. If you’re not peaceful, what makes you think that your life is going to be? When you’re peaceful your day goes by much faster. You’re not nearly as stressed and your calmer.

My personal experience was joined with a friend. She can’t remember the whole situation, but I can. It was a Sunday night and we had school that following Monday. We decided to open a bottle of Smirnoff vodka. That was by far the worst decision that we have ever made. She drank over eight times the legal limit of alcohol. She eventually passed out and I thought that she had just fallen asleep. I was very wrong. She had become unconscious. While she was unconscious she began to vomit. I had to roll her on her side so that she wouldn’t drown. If I hadn’t have had a peaceful and stress free day I would’ve had no idea what to do. My mind would’ve been cluttered. She would’ve died.

I called my ex-boyfriend on my cell phone because he used to be an emergency medical technician, he told me to call 911 and give that phone to her dad, who had no clue what was going on. I dialed 911 on her cell phone and the Emergency Medical Technicians’ arrived around 11:45 a.m. I watched them pull in and I watched them rub her chest and it looked like it hurt. I was terrified because I couldn’t go so I had no idea what was going on. She spent two days in the hospital and received a ten thousand dollar doctor’s bill and a really bad bruise on her breast bone.

I believe that peace is extremely important. If you’re not living in peace, your mind will be cluttered, your heart confused, and your stomach scared.