Bethany - Petoskey, Michigan

Bethany Butter English 096/1 06

Lecturer: Karen Magee

17 Dec 2007

I believe in practical jokes. They make people laugh, and it makes our days go by better.

When people are at work, it’s always a good time for a joke. My co-workers and I all got into the work truck to go to our first job, and there is this guy who works with us, and he always likes to take a nap on the way to our first job. So just before he fell asleep, the driver hit the brakes and we alt screamed, like we are about to get into an accident. He woke up scared and yelling, until he realizes we were just joking. He thought it was funny, and we laughed and joked about it for the rest of the day. The jokes we play on each other, are what makes us happy to get in the morning, and go to work. When one of us misses a day, we always want to hear the stuff that happened the day before, and not necessarily stuff about work. Working always needs to be fun and it’s the one easiest way to enjoy your job.

When I get home I always know my boy-friend will be hiding behind the door, or a corner. Every time I walk through the door, I know he will be jumping out from some where to scare me. I always jump and sometimes scream, but it’s always funny. I even jump sometimes when I am expecting him to be there, and he’s not. Even when I’m sleeping he likes to get really close to my face and wake me up. I jump and move across the bed as fast as I can. After a minute I realize it is just him, so I’m not scared, and we both laugh. We like to joke with each other so we can keep our time at home happy, and full of laughter.

I like to play jokes on my parents. When I didn’t have a boy-friend, I called my mom and told her I was pregnant. She started to give me the speech about what I planned to do, and how I was going to raise the baby. She was really nice about it, and never yelled at me. But after a few minutes I told her I was joking, and she laughed.

I used to work in a nursing home, and you wouldn’t imagine how many people enjoy hearing a joke. Many of the people there haven’t had too many visits from their family, and they love to have someone who is happy and full of jokes to take care of them. Some of the people who knew me well would ask me to tell them a joke. Some people just need to laugh to make their days better. Some people love to hear jokes, because it brightens their day up , and puts them in a good mood.

Playing jokes on people is always a fun thing to do. You will end up talking about them later, and laughing about peoples reactions to the jokes. It makes the day go by happier and puts people in a good mood. I believe if everyone would have a little more humor and play a joke on someone now and then, it would make both of their days a little better.