Cole - Sweeny, Texas
Themes: morality

Morality in this world is at an all time low and is continuing to decrease dailly. No one seems to care about other people anymore or what is right and wrong. The simple things a good moral person would do, such as holding open a door for someone is seen less and less. It seems as if people only look out for themselves in the world today. Other simple things such as showing appreciation and respect to others by saying “thank you” and calling people “sir” or “ma’am” are rarely seen, especially with the youth. Respect, it seems, has been replaced with immoral conduct that i can not fully understand.

I mentioned earlier that it seems people only care about themselves, I believe there is some morality left, but the people with good morals are afraid to help in some situations because they realize the lack of morality in most people. For example, people see a man or woman stranded on the side of the road, but no one stops to help because there have been cases where it was a trap to steal that person’s car or murder them. It is immoral acts such as those that is making morality decrease.

I believe I am a fairly moral person, and I can owe that to the excellent parenting i have recieved. The main factor to the immorality or morality of others s the parenting and individual recieves during their youth. Bad parenting equals bad morals of an individual. Children imitate their parents actions and share in their beliefs, so it is in a way, a chain reaction. However, parenting is not solely to blame because television also plays a large roll. Television that portrays crime and evil as “cool” can be a major factor in the deterioration or morality as well.

Today we need to start a new chain reaction in replenishing morality in our immoral world. Lets start caring about other people again. Help when help is needed and even when it is not needed. Be curtious and sincere, such simple thing will help renew morality.