Brandi - Brazoria, Texas

Kindness Can Change the World

In our world today our country is faced with many hard times. Whether it is from new laws or the war in Iraq, we have all been affected. With all of this occurring I believe that we should all be trying to make a difference in the world.

The simplest actions can transform our world. You don’t have to donate millions of dollars or be a famous celebrity to make a difference. I believe that kindness itself could make the biggest impact, or if everyone thought about others more than themselves, we could be much better off. Many people don’t know about the power they have to make a difference and change someone’s life. For example, just smiling or talking to someone who looks like they are having a bad day could help them through a hard time, could have made a difference. Acts of random kindness like holding open a door for somebody could spread kindness and change the world.

Kindness is defined as having the will to do good and bring happiness to others. If we all just put forth a little effort, to be kind to others everyday, we could make a great difference in out world. I know personally that when I see others helping people or when people are kind to me that it makes my day a whole lot better. I might no be making a big impact with my life right now, but I try to make a difference and help others just by being kind to them. Our school just recently had a blood drive, which I participated in. Even though I hate needles, I believe that everyone who is capable of doing this should think about others and how you can save three lives. You have to be able to think about those who need blood to live and you are helping them to do that. You may not think so now, but what you do and what you say can make a big difference in other peoples lives. Your actions have a chance to touch the lives of both the people you meet or many people you may never see.

When we decide to notice, act, and to make a difference, even in the smallest ways, we have helped to change the world around us.