Jessica - Heber, Utah

Jessica M

“This I Believe” Essay

12/14/2007

Perfect or not Everybody’s Different

Skinny, fat, short, or tall. I believe that everyone is different. That’s why the world is full of such beautiful colors and shapes. There are so many different talents that people have. Their talents are so unique and rare. But sometimes their talents are not the coolest to others, so they get made fun of a lot. Well I think that everyone’s talents are cool, because not many people could do that same talent. Some of my friends are what you call “popular” and they like to make fun of people. Like when they found out I played the violin. I got made fun of for days. I try not to let it bother me because it’s something I love to do, and I’m very good at it. Also there taste in things is so much different from mine. So that is why there are so many different shapes and sizes of things

Appearance is some thing that is different in many ways. Some people always have expensive clothes. Also there are those that can’t always afford those kinds of clothes. It really hurts when people make fun of them, because I have went threw the same experience were I had nothing. When people make fun of you for what you wear it just makes you want to cry. And all you think about is how come I’m so different. And really it’s not just you that is just different, its every single person on this earth. But sometimes not every one realizes that.

Appearance isn’t just about the way you dress. It’s also about what you look like. For example I have an hour glass eye. A rare eye that is half brown and half blue. Sometimes when people find out I have it they say really rude things. And for having such a pretty eye you would think they would admire it. But of course there always those who have to think there better than the rest so I get made fun of. They say I’m really weird and that I look like an alien. Also they tell me that I should go back to the planet I came from. They say I don’t belong here. It’s so hard to listen to them say that to me.

Not all people see things the same. Peoples taste is always different. There is music, clothes, hair and so much more. But when some people have there little groups of people that think they have it all. So they try and put others down. Just to make there selves feel so much better. Not only are they hurting you, but there hurting their selves. For not seeing that every one is different and not realizing that perfection doesn’t exist.

And sometimes I ask myself why I get teased? There not all that perfect. In fact I still to this day I haven’t meet a single person that is. That’s because no matter who you are, what you wear, or even what you look like your always going to be different. So don’t try to be something your not. Be thankful for you are, and don’t try to be some thing your not. Your appearance and looks are so different and unique that’s what makes every person so special. Why would you want to change who you really are. I know I love being different and you should to. So, this is what I believe.