Myles - Cheboygan, Michigan
Themes: gratitude

I believe in being self-sufficient. I want to be able to provide things for myself and not count on anyone to carry me through. I watch the t.v. and listen to the radio and all I hear about are the problems we have in the world. How the price of gas is outrageous, jobs are hard to find, and all I can think is, are you kidding me? What happened to the good old days? No one had to count on the grocery store, or the plow trucks because they were prepare. There was no such thing as an unprepared person. Family’s grew there own food and hunted it also. I can grow my own food and preserve it by canning, so in the middle of winter when things are slow I don’t have to buy any food. I use the resources god gave my and go in the woods and hunt my own meat. I do not have to rely on a grocery store for my food. We as people are going to have to open our eyes pretty soon because if we keep going the way we are, nothing is going to be left. We have so much opportunity in this country we live in, so why are we depending on every one else? We can grow food, create jobs, and make alternative fuels. It’s about time we stop worrying about a dollar and start worrying about life. Everywhere I look people are moving so fast that they miss the important things in life. When is the last time you sat down and just looked around at what you have? If every one could be more self-sufficient the dollar wouldn’t mean so much, and we could actually live life like it is supposed to be lived. I believe in hard work, and I am not afraid of it. I am making my life what I want it to be. No, I am not rich. No, I don’t have everything I would like, but I can make it on what I have, and be happy with that, and so could every one else is this world.