Kon - columbus, Georgia

I believe that Sports are the foundations of America; this I believe. Without sports I think that America would just be another country and not the U.S.A., The Red, White, and Blue, The Land of the Free. Sports unify this country and are the glue that holds together this great nation. If you are not particularly fond with one sport there are many others to chose from and enjoy. Some of the most popular sports are football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, and soccer, but if you do not like those there are sports like lacrosse, mixed martial arts, golf, tennis, boxing, and hockey. There is a wide variety so there will most likely be a sport that you like and will enjoy in this nation. It creates a bond with the players, coaches and staff, and fans all over the country. Sports bring together Americans and it is the passion of this country.

Sports bring together families and friends, create rivalries, and bring pride and excitement; it is truly a great thing. During the Superbowl families come together, even if they do not watch football, and bond with each other and actually have a “family” moment. Sporting events bring together friends with the same interest and create memorable moments. Though sports may create rivalries within this nation, it is all out of the love of a sport and that is one thing they may share. It brings people together, whether it be in the living room of a home, a giant stadium, or even at a bar, it unifies people who are different but have at least one interest and that is sports. We have institutionalized sports into our live all the way down to the pee-wee to the professional level.

My friends and I are unified through sports and the love of them. From watching the football game at Buffalo Wild Wings being the loudest ones there or to playing paintball whenever we can, we bond through these experiences. Meeting up and throwing around the old pigskin and laughing our tails off, we always have fun when it deals with sports. There is always something new to talk about at the lunch table because sports happen almost everyday of our lives, even on thanksgiving or Christmas day, there are sports going on. When you are on a sports team there is a bond you feel with your teammates. One reason is because you rely on them to perform to the best of the team. When you win your whole team wins; when you lose your whole team loses. You go through many hard and trying times with your team but they will always be there feeling the same way you do. They are your brothers or your sisters and they will be behind you all the way. They are your family and you never want to let your family down.

Even if you are a fan of sports when your team loses their game you also feel as though you lost the game. You gain a bond to your team and you want them to succeed so as though you will feel as though you have too. That bond I have mentioned many times is all throughout sports and it only grows stronger everyday. Sports unify this country whether you partake in sports, are a fan of sports, or even a coach or part of a coaching staff, we are all unified. For the love of sports let’s be one; let’s be America.