Pratea - Cullowhee, North Carolina

I believe in mistakes and accidents. I believe in mistakes and accidents because they make life interesting and can lead to the unknown that we experience everyday.

I do not live by a schedule, I am unpredictable, wild, crazy, clumsy, a free spirit or as I like to say a person who marches to her own musical band that no one else hears.

I live life second by second, I get up not knowing what is going to happen that day and looking forward to the unknown. I have a tendency to stick my foot in my mouth and break or lose every thing I touch. I have even been nicknamed “Accident prone.”

The best things in my life that have happened to me are mistakes and accidents. My conception was unplanned or as my parents called it “A pleasant surprise.” Accidents and mistakes show a person’s true character. Since they are not planned a person cannot think ahead about what to say or do. Kind of like during a live broadcast of a show and you hear things that the FCC would not approve of or those cell phone commercials when the call is dropped and the wife tells’ her husband that she is pregnant. When people get into a car accident, or when something in life does not go right people show emotions that cannot be hidden such as anger. I am extremely emotional and my mistakes and accidents help people find this out about me. When people first meet me they think I am funny and sarcastic. I use that to cover my real personality, when I make a mistake or have an accident (which is just about every time I open my mouth) I show every emotion possible from crying to frustration. Mistakes can show you who your real friends and the people who really care about you are. Only a person who loves you can accept your flaws.

Mistakes and accidents can be great learning opportunities. I know that personally I have learned from every mistake and accident in my life. As a child I had always been a little mischievous I was always the one who broke stuff, fought other kids, and etc. As a teenager especially at 16, I reached my peak of trouble making. I skipped school, snuck out, smoked, drank, you name it I did it. I learned so much from every mistake I made, I learned life lessons.

Mistakes and accidents are great teachers they do not preach or lecture. Repenting as the bible says means you feel regret for your behavior now I will not lie and say that I am sorry for my behavior or my mistakes because I learned from every mistake I made I do not regret anything in my life. I became a better person from it. My mistakes make me who I am. I believe in accidents and mistakes