Chelsea - Marietta, Georgia

I believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to a quality education. Education is necessary in every aspect of life from having a day-to-day conversation to living life to the fullest.

Without knowing how to read or having a descent vocabulary, talking to others would be extremely difficult. If you think about it, starting in kindergarten, children are learning how to read and talk to their classmates. If a child missed the opportunity to discover these first life skills, they would quickly fall behind everyone else and miss out on basically everything. Having taken a few years of Spanish, I can relate to the difficulties one would encounter trying to communicate with someone without knowing their language.

Education enables us to be aware of what is going on throughout our communities and in the world. In order to be able to interpret events, one would have to answer such questions as: “What happened?” and “Why did that happen?” Through school we learn about local and world issues and the history behind them. If a person lacked an education they would have no basis of knowledge allowing them to make sense of the world.

In order to get by, a person must have a job. Food and shelter are essential to life, and they are incredibly hard to obtain without money acquired through work. Although there are jobs available that require minimal capabilities, even the simplest jobs require a small amount of education. Numerous jobs involve math from the addition or subtraction of two numbers to the computing of force required to lift an aircraft. Reading and writing are also vital to the survival of a person’s job. Without the education necessary to work, survival would be quite complicated. What’s more, a better education provides for a better job and allows a person to be all that they can be.

Everyone should strive to be the utmost they can be. There is a colossal amount of knowledge in the world, and further knowledge is discovered every day. The children are the future, so in order to keep the United States as a major world power, they must have access to education. Education is a force that allows everyone to live life to the fullest and to work toward new hopes and dreams. Without education prevalent in society, where would humanity be headed?

In the end, nothing in life is free. Even though the opportunity to learn is provided, it will require a level of commitment and dedication on ones behalf to excel.