Dane - Sweeny, Texas
Themes: Christianity

This I believe, that Christianity is not nearly prevalent enough in these times and that this is the underlying reason for all the problems we are seeing both in America and abroad. I believe that if more people led a Christian life, or even just followed key Christian principles such as the Golden Rule, the world we live in would be a much better place. I have come to this view not because it has been preached to me by others, but rather by careful examination of the world around me. There are many observations that contributed to my coming to this belief. One of the more notable observations I made, which also is an observation that I think is widely overlooked, is that in past times when our country was truly a Christian nation, times were better. Problems with crime, corruption, violence, and immorality have never been more severe than now, when Christianity is at its low point in American history. Our country was built on Christian values and those Christian values are what shaped the United States of America into a nation stronger and with more freedom and prosperity than any other previously seen on this earth. The success of our nation was not merely certain individuals having success separately, but rather our nation was blessed as a whole in every aspect. It seems as though in the past every endeavor our country took on was a success, whereas today merely watching the news brings worry the every thinking man about the future of the country he loves. To illustrate my point, I offer this comparison: that of our country in World War II and that of our country in the Vietnam War. In World War II in the 1940’s, we sent brave soldiers with the full support of a brave Christian nation behind them against the most terrifying military force yet seen, and we emerged victorious with the blessing of God. In Vietnam, however, we sent scared soldiers with no support from a changing and scared American society against a ragged army, and we were soundly defeated. Clearly, a country united under any cause, but especially one so pure and strong as Christianity, is much stronger than one divided.

We always hear people speak of the simpler times and ask where they have gone. Constantly people ponder about why our society is falling apart. The answer is simple, and if it did not involve so delicate a subject as religion, it would be universally accepted: Christianity, the foundation and cornerstone of our great country, is gone; and once the foundation of any structure has fallen away, that structure is doomed to the same fate.