Alexandra - DeLand, Florida

Celebrity Obsessions

“Ahhhhh!” These sounds are the shrieks of loads of people waiting to catch a glimpse of their favorite stars flesh. The fans faces are as red as a fire hydrant, and some have stinging tears rolling down their swollen faces. And for what? What is the reason for their ear-piercing screams and inflamed faces? Celebrities! What is it about them? What makes them so special? There is nothing special about them. They are no different than you and me. They aren’t aliens. They are people. All they do is their job, whether it’s singing, acting, or just being a socialite. Why would an individual obsess over one minuscule person in this massive world?

What is so special about celebrities? Is it their shiny silky hair, their designer apparel, or their mile high shoes? They don’t make themselves gorgeous, other people do! Shouldn’t the stylists and personal shoppers be the ones to be praised for making a “work of art?” With out their entourage, the celebrities would have failed outfits.

The stars are becoming outraged because we thrust paparazzi in their faces. It’s not pleasing to have the most hideous face in the most purchased tabloid for the whole world to see. The celebrities are being violated. Some have committed themselves to drugs and alcohol, because they have become shocked with stress and confusion. Some people ask, “Why are celebrities turning to drugs and alcohol?” We really should be asking, “Why are people so interested in celebrities?” I know that regular people would love having the annoying paparazzi crammed in their faces. But after a while don’t you think it would become irritating to have camera flashes blinding you and paparazzi crowding you?

If anything is so great about celebrities it should be their ability to do their job. Most of the stars are amazing at what they do, but aren’t regular people amazing too? The persons that are on minimum wage and have children to feed, aren’t they amazing for the ability to make ends meet? Or maybe it’s the person who just went through a nasty divorce and got the children or the pets, but no money to support themselves? These people are struggling and the celebrities are rolling on their 1000-count Egyptian cotton sheets with millions of dollars floating from the high ceilings. The people that are willing to support their families without giving up, should be the people to be admired.

Finally, television stations should have reality shows about regular people, instead of celebrities. They can talk about their hardships with family and work with people who understand. Who should we look up too or admire? Regular people? Or Celebrities? You decide. This I believe.