Logan - Midway, Utah

The world would be a better place for everyone if people would not fight over religion. I believe that people should accept others’ religions. Throughout history, and currently many wars are fought over religion. Shiites and Sunnis in Iraq believe in many of the same things and there are very few differences between these two religions. Despite the similarities of the two religions, many Shiites kill Sunnis and many Sunnis kill Shiites only because of their different religions. In World War 2, Hitler killed six million Jews just because of their religion. These things would not happen if people were taught to accept different religions.

Children need to be taught tolerance everywhere, but especially at home by their parents. Adults who are intolerant of other people’s religion, race or other things just teach kids to be like them, and intolerance is passed down. Parents should teach tolerance and equality by telling kids to be tolerant and by living this way as well.

A few days ago, I stumbled across a television program that was currently showing a man who was pointing out all the reasons he found why Mormons are not Christian and why he though Mormons are not good people. He twisted the truth about many LDS beliefs to make them sound bad and wrong, and tried to make Mormons look like bad people. Of course, he did not mention the many good things that the LDS church does. I do not know why he would be angry at the LDS church, but I know he was being closed-minded and not accepting differences.

If people would accept others’ religion, there would be a lot less hatred and death in the world. If people would accept people with different religions, there wouldn’t be tensions between religious groups or tensions about religion between two people. That is why I believe that people should accept other’s religions.