Dylan - Midway, Utah

Dylan Johnson

12/17/07 7th

Music, echoing throughout the world

“Highs today are going to reach a staggering 98 degrees, so your want to stay inside and keep the air conditioning on,” the weather man said this morning. But I wasn’t just about to let a little hot weather ruin my day of, hanging out with my friends and listening to my favorite music at a concert.

I believe that if our world didn’t have music that it would be a dull and corrupt world. Many people have expressed feelings and stories through songs, and beats. The simplest forms of music can tell a great deal of history, or stories, or even feelings. Without being able to relate, or express themselves in some type of music, people would hold in all of that emotion and take it out on family or themselves. I can relate to a lot of the music I listen, or at least get some sort of moral that can help me later in my own life.

I believe that music is greatly misunderstood. If a parent hears their child listening to some “obscene, foul, or vile,” music, they immediately try to get them to stop listening to it. That music may be the only way that child can escape from the reality of life, and relate to something. Taking that away from them would tear them apart. Music can impact people’s lives like that if they can find something about it that they love.

Music is also like a never ending circle. Somebody would listen to their favorite artist and realize that they would want to play music just as well as them. So they begin to learn, take lessons and someday become a great musician. Then someone else would listen to them, and then the never ending circle of music will just keeps spinning.

Music is greatly important to people and its going to remain that way forever. It will also change for ever. But no matter what someone is going to like it, doesn’t matter what style it is, and hopefully they to will start to make their own music. Then music will just keeping echoing throughout the world.