Julia - Midway, Utah

Attitudes with a Plus

By: Julia S

When a situation happens do you have a positive attitude or a negative attitude? I believe that everyone should have a positive attitude, it is important. Here is an example of when I had a positive attitude in a situation.

One time I went to a camp in June, everyone was excited for the outdoor activities! But on the second day we were there, it snowed. I don’t mean just a little either, it was a ton of snow, in June! Everyone was mad at first, because we wouldn’t be able to do any outdoor activities. Then we all decided to just enjoy it, and that we could still have fun in our cabin. And you know what, we had so much fun! I would probably consider that camp the most fun out of all the previous times I have been! We also got to know each other a lot better!

That experience proved to me that what attitude you have can affect how much fun you have. We could have all been mad and then we could have had a terrible time, but instead we were happy and had so much fun! As a simple quote goes:

“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”

-Winston Churchill

So if you’re having a bad day just think to yourself, “Tomorrow is another day!” I doesn’t matter how many problems come at you, the secret of life is to have a positive attitude that will help you handle the problems.

I had another experience that showed me what happens if you don’t have a positive attitude. One day I was having a horrible day at school. I was in my theatre class at school and I was over lighting for our performance. Everyone was mad at me for not getting the timing right with the lights. Well, I got really mad and walked out of the room. Handling the situation like that, did not only affect me at the moment, but it affected my entire day. Later that day I reflected back on that time, and I came to the conclusion that if I would have handled it better with a more positive attitude I would not have had such a bad day.

The trials that life gives you are meant to help you grow as a person. Everyday I continue to grow with a more positive attitude and my attitude proceeds to help me through the trials of everyday life.

Your attitude doesn’t just affect you, but it also affects everyone around you. If you are mad and are complaining, everyone else will be mad too. But if you are happy, everyone else will be happy! I believe that attitudes affect you a lot. Put a plus in your attitude and not a minus! This I believe.