Natalie - Heber, Utah
Themes: children

Let’s go back in time to when you were 5 years old. What did you like to do? I enjoyed playing cops and robbers and pretending I was the Little Mermaid while taking a bath. But the truth is, even ten years later I still enjoy doing these things. I believe in being immature. We’ve all had those moments when you’re doing something so stupid and everyone around you gives you weird looks but as your doing that stupid thing, you don’t care what those people think. It’s like your 5 years old all over again. Why can’t everyday be like this? Why can’t we dance around the grocery store singing to ourselves without getting laughed at. Drew Barrymore once said, “My life took the stairs, but I feel like my childhood took the elevator.” I think pretty much everyone feels this way. It seems like our society is so obsessed with growing up and acting older that they forget what it is to be a kid. Even though I’m only 15 years old I feel like my childhood has gone by way too fast. Although I’m growing up fast I still feel like there is a little kid inside of me. Just last night my friends and I were at the High school waiting for the Varsity basketball game to start. We were just waiting on the bench when I got up and yelled “Let’s play Cops n’ Robbers!” at first my friends gave me weird looks but then they liked the idea. As we were playing cops n’ robbers all the high school students gave us really mean looks and told us we were immature but we didn’t care cause we were having such a good time and it felt like we were little kids all over again. The other day I was talking to my mom. She asked me what I wanted to do when I’m older. I couldn’t tell her what I wanted to do because honestly, I’m scared of growing up. The only thing I could tell her was “ When I grow up I want to be a little girl” I know this isn’t realistic but I do believe that even when you are a grown up you can still act like a little kid. Even as I’m growing up there are still those things that I get really excited about, like playing in the leaves, decorating the christmas tree, or just taking a bubble bath. I believe that people shouldn’t take life so serious all the time. I believe that everyone should act immature sometimes.