Kayce - Heber, Utah
Themes: golden rule

Kayce B

!The Real Them!

I believe many people get judged way to often on their appearance, rather than who they really are on the inside. I have judged others and others have judged me; it can be both mentally and emotionally damaging. When you choose to judge others you are not only hurting them, you are hurting yourself. For example I judged a girl for how she looked and dressed, I thought she would be rude, a nerd, or some kind of freak. We began to fight, it went from teasing, to glaring, to worse enemies real fast. Many fights came and went and in only a matter of days we were about to pull each others hair out.

One day I saw someone doing the exact thing I had been doing, judging a girl for how nice her things were. It hurt that person so much, it made me realize I was in the wrong and I needed to put a stop to my actions. So i pulled the girl I was fighting with aside and asked her if we could talk, you know work out our differences and fix this huge mess. To my surprise things went very well and when our talk was all over we walked out no longer as enemies but friends. Now three years later we are best friends, inseparable, I am glad I got a second chance to know her.

I guess what I am trying to say is, you need to get to know that person before you judge them for; how they may look, how nice his or her hair may be, their clothes, or any of that. You should get to know them for who they really are and then debate if thats the kind of person you want to be around. So next time you go to judge somebody, stop and think about what your doing and who may be hurt by your actions. Instead walk up and introduce yourself to that person you never know what might happen. When you choose to judge someone you may be passing up a fantastic opportunity of a wonderful friendship. Are you willing to do that?!?