Jonathan - Heber City, Utah
Themes: sports

Jon Hackamack

Why does competition make sports more fun? First of all, what is competition? To me competition is when you compete against a single person or many people. When ever I think of the word competition I think of my favorite sport in the world, soccer. Soccer is a very competitive sport because there are eleven different players that I play against. This makes the competition hard because you have to be better then all eleven of them. For example, if I am one on one with another player and I beat them, there is going to be another person that I am going to have to beat to be able to score a goal. This has happened to me in many of my soccer games. I would completely burn the defender but then there was another defender that I wanted to get by but he stole the ball from me. This is when my competition kicked in the most. I ran after him to get the ball back. I got it back but I got called for a foul because I pushed the kid out of the way to get it. Competition makes it so that you have more fun when you play sports. I would rather play against a really good soccer player and lose than to practice by myself or play someone that I was way better than. I would do this because beating the bad player is fun but it is more fun to beat them if they are better than me because I get that feeling of accomplishment inside myself. The feeling of competition is more of an adrenaline rush. It makes me feel like I have to do better because if I don’t I will lose and like a lot of people I really hate losing. When I run I always feel that if I am running with someone else that I have to run faster and do better, even though it is just for fun. It also helps me to perform better because of that fear of not being number one. This makes it all more fun and healthier for me. I believe that competition is healthy and the most fun thing on the planet.