I Believe in Brothers

Brown - Marietta, Georgia

Brothers are there from the beginning to the end. Whenever you need someone to play with you, or someone to comfort you, there is always a brother around. Having three brothers, I feel truly blessed; there is always someone around for me. My brothers have slowly turned into my best friends, and have become the most influential people in my life.

One time, I came home and I had this whole project I had to do, and I had left it until the very last day. I drastically needed help. I ran upstairs, and asked my parents for help but they said no. I soon realized that there was no one to help me– except for my older brother. I walked over to my brother, slapped on a fake smile, and cheerfully asked him,

“Do you think that you could help me out with my project?” To my amazement, he agreed to. I ended up getting an A on that project, but the best thing I got out of it was trust– I could trust my brother to help me out when nobody else could.

I am very lucky in that I am one of the few individuals that my little brother can confide in. One day, I went into my younger brother’s room and saw him sitting on the floor, crying his eyes out. Worried, I ran downstairs, and asked my mother,

“Mom, what is wrong with Doran. Why is he sobbing?” My mother had no idea why, so she ran upstairs and went into Doran’s room.

My mother talked to my little brother, asking him what was wrong. But my brother simply stated,

“MOM, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. GET OUT OF HERE!” My mother left the room heartbroken. I felt it was my job to find out Doran’s problem. I slowly walked into Doran’s room, and gently tapped him on the shoulder, asking,

“Doran, what is wrong. You know you can tell me anything. I will not tell anybody.” Doran, taken aback at this, felt a sudden jolt of happiness in his heart, and expressed to me that,

“My friends made fun of me today.”

I suddenly remembered kids making fun of me. I explained my experiences to Doran, and I gave Doran advice on what to do. Doran stopped crying, and I could see in his big wet brown eyes that I had said the right things. I felt like I was the closest person to Doran that day.

I believe in brothers– they are there for you no matter what, and will always love you. Brothers are like a pack of wolves, fighting and surviving together. I have learned that my brothers are the most important people in my life, and that I have a special connection with them that I have with nobody else. I believe in brothers