Why do you do drugs?

Tom - West Jordan,, Utah

I really don’t understand why anyone needs to do drugs. There are plenty excuses and none of them are good enough to me. I believe that music is the healthy drug, and nobody needs the bad stuff.

Lots of people say that they do drugs because it calms them down or takes some stress off their backs. I say that is a load of crap! Everyone knows that marijuana, for instance, gives a really big high when you do it but the higher you are the harder you fall. On top of that if you do it when you’re a teenager your mind will have a very hard time progressing. Music, on the other hand, does nothing whatsoever to harm your body and can calm you down and take stress away. It’s right up there next to exercise. In fact, in my opinion it’s better than exercise. I could be having a horrible day and turn on some Blink 182 and I’ll feel completely fine.

If you haven’t tried listening to your favorite song when you’re upset, then the next time something bad happens you should try it. Now I’m not saying you should wait for someone you love to pass away or something and decide to try it then. But, maybe the next time you don’t do too well on a test or something like that and it makes you feel like crap. Turn on your favorite song and really listen to it and just see how it makes you feel. I promise it will make you feel a whole lot better. Believe it! I know from experience.