Erin - Woodridge, Illinois

I believe in finding beauty in the small things in life. There are so many things that we can find joy in and yet we take advantage of them. Stepping on crunchy leaves in the Fall. Watching sunrises and sunsets. Drinking delicious peanut butter milk shakes. Looking at freshly fallen snow on a winter night. Singing like no one can hear even when there are people around. Dancing all night. Coloring like when I was eight years old. Watching movies with friends while eating popcorn, pizza and other junk food. Snowball fights at all hours of the night. Eating freshly baked cookies. Popcorn balls that my Grandma sent me. Reading books and getting lost in the adventures within its pages. Long days spent in the city just wandering around aimlessly. Going sledding with friends late at night. Taking pictures of anything and everything. Making dinner for groups of friends and family, the end product doesn’t matter, it’s the process involved. Doodling in the margins when I’m supposed to be taking notes in class. (I’ve spent whole classes drawing tape dispensers, flowers and other random things). Playing board games with my little cousins. Laughing out loud when no one else has any idea what I’m laughing about and then laughing even harder. Inside jokes. Crocheting blankets, scarves, hats and other things. Watching animals do strange, yet amusing things. Playing dress-up. Getting lost in a daydream. Staying up way too late talking with friends, even when I have a class at eight in the morning. Random road trips. The leaves on the trees changing color practically before your eyes. Looking at cracks in the sidewalk and deciding what they look like. Watching funny old movies. Sending letters to keep in touch. Traveling around the world and making sure you see the sights. There is beauty all around us. All we have to do is open our eyes and realize and everyone would live a much happier life.