MaKel - Heber City, Utah

I CAN over some anything

Everyday as I got ready for school I would always tell my parents that I didn’t want to go to school for the fact of all the challenges and obstacles just waiting for me at there.

Not one person in this world has not had an obstacle in their life they have not had to face, or overcome.

I believe that when something’s hard, challenging, or makes you think that you can’t handle or overcome it, it is there for a reason and that reason is to make you stronger and ready for the next conflict.

Going through about 4th grade on to high school was the most challenging time because even in elementary school I started to change friends, and I still am. One minute my friends and I are the best of friends laughing, smiling, joking and having a great time, then the next minute they have to think of some reason to get mad at me and they have to tell every one something so that they will all get mad at me to. This puts me in a bad spot because I am all by my self so I had to find other friends until they all decided that they weren’t mad at me. At first this was really hard cause I thought that they were my friends and after this happened a few times I realized that true friends don’t get everyone mad at you, true friends are supposed to help you through your problems and be there when you need them the most. After a while I decided to gut it up and find some new friends that wouldn’t treat me like that.

This experience has made me stronger in many ways because your friends have a huge impact on your life and who you are, and who you will be, the way you act toward other people also. I didn’t want to act like that to people and get the reputation of not being a jerk to people. This also taught me how to be a great friend and someone that’s very understanding and trustworthy.

There are a ton of things that people wouldn’t even think about as an obstacle or challenge. Some of these things are setting goals and achieving them. First of all it’s a huge challenge to set them, and then you have an even bigger challenge to stay focused and work on it every day to achieve them. Another one would be school for a lot of reason. Each year every subject gets harder and harder so you have to work at it so that you can stick with it. Homework is another because you have to take it home and MAKE time to do it around all the other stuff you have going on at home, and it seems to be an even bigger challenge to take it back to school and turn it in.

Through my many challenges I have learned a lot of things and probably the biggest one is that every person has troubles that they have to overcome. Some peoples challenges are harder then others so we should all respect everyone, You have no idea what they’re going through and what they could do to themselves.

A couple of months ago I went through the hardest thing that I have ever had to go through. My best friend got in a really bad car accident and got killed instantly, the 2 others that were in the car were in critical condition and the last kid just walked away with scratches. At first I didn’t want to believe that she was gone I was just with her two nights before; I would text her hoping it was all just a dream but I never got a reply; next thing I know I am at her funeral looking at her and wondering if I was ever going to wake up, but then it just hit me hard she was gone my best friend, how could this happen to me. After a ton of crying and pushing everyone I love away from me, and cutting my self off from the word I decided that I couldn’t make my whole life end because of this. After a long couple of months I didn’t let it get to me as much and I thought to my self “If I can overcome my best friend getting killed, then I CAN overcome anything.” This I Believe.