Leah - West Columbia, Texas

Throughout our lives there are many struggles we will face and will have to overcome. I know God will throw difficult times at me. I may get knocked down from time to time, but how i deal with them can reveal my character to myself and to others. God has a plan for all of us and knows everything that will happen. He knows what I think before I think it, what I will do before it is done, and how I will conquer the many obstacles that I will face. I believe that everything happens for a reason and has a purpose that will contribute to my life.

In my short sixteen years of life, I have gone through a lot, including the difficulties you face by having a gay family member and the death of a friend.

Growing up with a homosexual does not only affect that person, but also those who are close with them. Some people might see this as a problem, but I think that it has helped me become more accepting of those who are different than me. God placed this person in my life and they have changed me so much without even realizing it.

Another life-changing even happened about a year ago. One of my friends, Tyler, was taken from this world by the comforting arms of the Lord. No one really understood how this could happen to someone so young, but I know she was here to touch many hearts. She had a significant purpose in life, and in my life it was to bring me closer to God. Even though she did not get to live a very long life, she fulfilled her purpose.

No matter how hard life may seem at the time, I always remember there is a deeper meaning behind everything that is going on. We should all learn to look on the bright side and see the positive outlook on the situation. Like waves in the ocean, people may come in and out of our lives. One second they are there, but with a blink of an eye, they could be gone. In that moment in time if you were meant to just laugh and have fun with that person then so be it. That’s probably all it was meant to be, so just be thankful it happened. Don’t dwell on the fact it’s over. In this life there is no such thing as coincidence, no matter how small something may seem. If it’s there it’s supposed to be there; if it’s meant to happen it will. People need to stop trying to put their lives in their own hands and learn to have faith in our God. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says “For everything there is a season, And a time for every matter under heaven…a time to be born, and a time to die…a time to love, and a time to hate…”