I Believe

Corey - heber city, Utah
Themes: sports

Have you ever been to a rodeo? If you have what was it like.

I’m Corey Simpson and I am on the Wasatch rodeo team and I believe that, the rodeo team should be recognized like all the other sports teams. We are just like any other team or club, we have to maintain our grades (above a 2.0) same thing with Football, Baseball, basketball wrestling and Soccer. You always hear about how those teams did at their game or tournament. So why don’t you ever hear about how the rodeo team did at the rodeos?

The only thing that makes us different from the other teams is that we ride horses and bulls and we wear Boots, Chaps, and, Cowboy hats. I also believe that all clubs or teams should be treated the same. About 4 or 5 years ago we used to have the best rodeo team in the state but not any more. For example if one person didn’t have enough money to put in for a rodeo the club would take the money out of the the club pot and help that person out but now if a person doesn’t have enough money to put in for that rodeo nobody cares because they don’t want the competition. And they don’t want you to do better than them at state but that’s if you you make it.

You see in order to make it to state you have to place in the top ten at a rodeo or take first second or third. I only need to cover one more bull and then I am qualified for state. But some kids can’t to that because they can hardly afford to put in for some of the rodeos. Then that’s were the club needs to step in and help out but they wont. I asked some kids about the rodeo club and they said that the rodeo club needs to help out some the kids like if they need a ride to the rodeo or something. So that is what I believe needs to be done about the rodeo club and how all teams and clubs should be treated fairly.