Watch out friends can turn your back

shelbee - 84032, Utah

I believe that friends can turn your back. Have you ever had a friend turn your back? I have friend that has and he wants me to tell you the story. He also wants me to tell you how they became friends again.

It all started on a Friday at school, Kevin’s friend Jason never showed up to their last class before lunch which was Seminary. They had almost every class together and this is one of his favorite. Kevin worried a bit but he just assumed that maybe he got checked out or it tutoring with a teacher. After class was lunch and it was a chicken patty Jason’s favorite food. But he still never showed up. About five minutes before the bell rang Kevin called Jason to see where he was at but know one answered. So Kevin just went to class and waited up for him. Ten minutes before class got over Jason finally showed up.

After school Kevin went home and told his dad what was up with Jason and his dad said that was very unusual for him to be acting that way. So they called Jason’s mom and asked her if Jason was home yet. She said NO, Why? They told her and she was very upset.

Around ten o’clock Jason called Kevin’s house and asked if they could meet up at the park and talk about what happened at school. Kevin said he would be over is about ten minutes. They meet up and talked tell about eleven, and then Jason just left because there were some other kids there so he went to hang out with them. They started to smoke and Jason joined in and it scared Kevin because Jason has never smoked before. During that time Kevin was thinking of when Jason and him hung out with each other and how they always went to church and stuff. After that he went over to them and told Jason that he was going home. Jason said that he couldn’t go tell he tried a smoke, Kevin yelled and said NO! They beat him up and they broke his arm, Jason said stop because he didn’t want him to be hurt real bad. He used his good arm to call his dad to come and pick him up. Kevin’s dad got there and Kevin told his dad what had happened and then they went home. Kevin’s dad picked him up and then they went to the hospital to fix his arm.

After a few weeks Jason came over to see if they could hang out and to see if Jason could spend the night. Kevin said only if you don’t smoke around me or my family, and you go to church with me tomorrow. Jason called his mom to have her get his church clothes ready for him and he would be over in a minute. After that Jason said that he would pay Kevin’s doctor bill and that he would try not to smoke ever again. After that they become best friends again.

So just remember that friends can turn your back, but you can become friends again.