I believe in purity.

Andre - Columbus, Georgia

Purity: a word that has been mistaken, misconstrued, misinterpreted and forgotten, it seems. Purity is more than a word, more than one thing, more than a simple idea. It would better be explained, in my opinion of course, as a way of life, a desire, and a passion. A passion stronger than the opposite of what it connotes. Purity is something that is everyday being thrown into the deep, dark pit of “what used to be”, and “what doesn’t matter anymore”. And what little of it left is not really purity at all; but rather a substitute, a euphemistic, shallow, weak interpretation of what it should be. Purity is strength. Purity is the ability to guard over a single beauty and beast all the same; capable of destruction, and at the same time capable of expressing the utmost amount of love. It’s a dangerous combination for one singular, seemingly simple thing. What then is purity? Purity is what I believe in.

Purity is constantly being disregarded as an unimportant element in our lives; being replaced by the “it’s alright to do that’s” on television and the weak bellied, weak spirited, individuals pressured to speak about what is more popular rather than what is more important and what is more right, and I’m not talking about politically. Everyday, everywhere there are unavoidable images of impurity that cause our brothers, sisters, and children to sin through their impure thoughts. Boys and girls who have been friends their entire lives all of a sudden begin thinking thoughts of sodomy, and physical temptation, virtually tarnishing lifelong friendships. Foolish girls relentlessly throwing away the God given gift meant for one, and only one, to the sweet nothings of those who don’t care. Guys with weak constitutions and even weaker souls mask it by their spot on the football or baseball team, or by the size of their muscles inconsistent to that of their heart toward the ones they’re stealing from; thieving what is not rightfully theirs, and boast about how big of a man they are.

Shallow views of purity are only physical. True purity goes much deeper. It goes to the mind, to the souls, to the thoughts of oneself. Everything starts with one simple thought. Purity keeps the mind’s thoughts at bay from the darkness surrounding us constantly. Purity is a lifestyle portrayed by those only strong enough to survive the physical, mental, and emotional struggle of the world persistently throwing its vices attempting to make us fall. It is the struggle to keep up the wall guarding your possession more expensive than a diamond, ruby or pearl. It’s more important than a rushed scene in the backseat of a car, or a vacant “I love you”.

It’s time for purity to earn back its name. It’s time for people to divert away from the crowd and to stand up for what they believe, not making excuses for being weak. It’s time for us to either rebuild our walls or keep them standing if they’re about to crumble under temptation. It’s time to fight against the politically correct and turn the “it’s okay’s” into “no it’s not’s”. If you think that you’ve already fallen into impurity, get up, rebuild your wall, and take a stand today; if not for you, then for your friends and family. To the others of you, I urge you strongly to stay strong in the fight because it will pay off. To those who think that reading this was a complete waste of time and disagree with me . . . it’s okay. No hard feelings. Believe what you want. As for me, I believe in purity.