Melody - North Little Rock, Arkansas
Themes: love

“ I Believe in young love”

These days, adults don’t really know what love is. Well let me rephrase that; some adults don’t. To me, love doesn’t just involve sex. It really doesn’t involve that at all. I am a female and I ‘m 16 years old, a virgin and I attend East Campus High School. So let me tell you from my point-of-view, as a teenager ,about love. Love means you would do anything for your mate. You would kill or die for them. As the boys call us a Ride or Die chick. Its like when you are with that certain person you feel safe and free to trust that certain person with anything. You get use to them. Grow on them. You’re not afraid to do embarrassing stuff around that special person and you can tell them anything and everything. I’m not saying love is “fairy tale”, because you are going to argue, But the next minute you are laughing and smiling. Its crazy how love works. The reason I think some adults don’t know what love is because I see it on T.V. show and through family members. Women and men are going through mates like crazy. Not even knowing what they are looking for. Now my generation most of us are in it for the long haul. We love long relationships. I have been in my relationship for 309 days. That makes it seem longer going by days (smiling) which we all know that is about 10 months and some days. I know yall are thinking, its not going to last, but trust in me we will. I’ll update you 4 years from now. It depends on you and the person and if yall are on the same level. The reason older women rush into a relationships is because they want to get married before they die, or because the have low self-esteem has taken a toll on that. Some women want love and once they hear a man call them beautiful, they think their in love. I know that I have only been on this earth for 16 years, but I have seen adults get heartbroken: men and women. I have learned from their mistakes. “ I’m not saying that teen are experts love or relationships.” I am just saying that some of learn from our parents mistakes or an family members mistakes. Love is what everybody wish for, but some don’t get. I have learned that when most women dream of love, they dream of a man with muscle, with a 6-pac, about 6ft something, light skinned, dark skinned, with braids, with waves, but to the truth my boy friend has only 2 of those things. In the case of love I don’t judge. I judge on personalities and how he treats me. Not by how he looks!!! Most women pray day and night for a man, and as soon as they get a man the think that’s the one. They fall in love instantly. That goes for the women. I really can’t say anything about the men… My mother tells me all the time not to get stuck on one boy because of the trouble relationships she had. But I believe in my heart and my soul this the right boy for me. This boy I am going with mean the world to me and I would trade his for Chris Brown. I just cant see my self with anybody else. Every time I am around him I get this funny feeling in my stomach like fluttering butterflies. He is so romantic. Our first kiss was by the water falls. Innocent I know. Love is precious. That’s why some men and women are scared of committing their self in a relationship and also they are scared of being hurt. So they tend to become what you call a player. Because they are so scared of getting attached to that person. As you see I can say a lot about this topic. Me time!!!! I’m good at helping friends and grown ups with their relationship problems. That s why I have a lot of knowledge. This is why I believe in young love.