I believe in best friends.

Christina - Whites Creek, Tennessee

I’m sure you have heard the saying that Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Well not in my case, a best friend is someone who shares the strongest friendship between one person and another. Someone whose there for you through thick and thin, and someone who not only listens to you, but notices what you do. They stand for strength, security, hope, and there for blind confidence. However not everyone is blessed to have one best friend that have all of these qualities, and well, me, I’m not only lucky to have one best friend, but I’m lucky to have two, And Just because I’m a female, people assume that my best friends are females as well. That’s where they’ve wrong. My best friends are not only opposite in sex from each other but they are two different people with two different personalities, and two different views on almost everything

Kendra has been my best friend ever since birth; our 19 years together have been very interesting as well as life learning. Growing up we knew from the start that we would be best friends it was no doubt in my mind And now although we don’t agree on everything she’s always had my back no matter what the situation was or how much trouble she knew I would be in. Throughout our 19 years of friendship we’ve grown on each other, each and every year, learning something new each day. One of the main things that she’s taught me is patience as well as speaking up for myself, as long as it was in a professional way. I’ve learned so much about life from her, and with that I wouldn’t know what to do if she was taken out of my it. And she’s not only my best friend she’s like an older sister, and I love her to death

Mike, is a different story, I met him about a year ago on a site called myspace. Out of all the places in the world I wasn’t expecting to find a life long friendship on a website especially with someone I knew nothing about. But I gave it a try, and its one of the best decisions that I’ve made in my life time as of today. He has changed my perspective and views on things, whether it was about life, family or relationships. He’s taught me to be myself, and that I don’t always need to be a leader, sometimes I just need to sit back and listen. Never in my 19 years did I ever think it was possible to have a best friend of the opposite sex, but my friendship with him has shown me that anything is possible and I love him for that.

With both of them entering into my life at different times I have realized Having friends is one of the biggest and most marvelous presents life can give you, and when you think you’re alone, when you think there’s no one in this world who’ll stand up for you. Friends can appear in the most unlikely people, and are often right in front of you, and this is why I believe in best friends.