Brittany - Heber/Ut./84032

Brittany Colvin

“This I Believe”

“I believe that everyone should find a way to express themselves.” Like the way I express myself through art. In my art I express how I feel and what I like. Most of the time I just like to do it just for fun.

My brother however express himself through writting. He loves to write stories mostly about secret agents. I often wish that I could express myself through writing but I am not so good at telling stories as my brother. My brother can make the characters come to life and make them seem like real people. The places he can describe almost is as if they actaully exsited. He can do all of this with the things he loves to do and things that have actually happened in is life. But he can make them so twisted that you would believe it.

My sister much like my brother express herself through writing but instead of stories she writes peoms. Her peoms can express the things she likes and the way she thinks. Her peoms can really touch your heart. Her peoms can paint beuatiful pictures inside your mind. Many of her peoms are about love and heart break but she can really describe settings. In fact one of her peoms was published into the “New Anthology.” I often tell her that she could become the next Shel Sliversten or Robert Frost if she kept it up.

Another good example is my other sister she too express herself through writing. But she writes songs instead. Her songs to express how she feels and thinks. She also adds some of the things see loves to do and things that she injoys to do. She puts a lot of thought in her songs. I think that this is a really good was the express herself because she loves to sing. I often wish that I could sing and write songs like she can. But we all can express ourselves through other ways and some of us can do the same but we cannot make them the same. Because we are all different and without difference life would be dull. Even though I wish I could write amazing stories like my brother or write songs and peoms like my sisters I am glad that I can do something different, like drawing. Because none of my sisters or my brothers can draw like me. So I think expressing yourself is a great way in showing your differences.