Cody - Heber City, Utah

Code-E S

“This I Believe” Essay

I believe in being yourself no matter what people say about you. My favorite hobby is to BMX which is trick biking. Most people tag it with lots of things that aren’t true and that are mean, they say the same things that they usually say about skateboarding. They say its a crime and also illegal. They think the kids who do it are bad kids who are always getting into trouble and doing drugs. But that’s not true, because me and my friends aren’t always into trouble and doing drugs. They always judge us by the way we dress because we wear tight and I usually wear black. They always connect our clothes with drugs and trouble also. But were just being ourselves and doing what we love to do. The cops also say its a crime and they put signs all around at good spots so we can’t ride. I asked a cop why he said cause bikes and skateboards cause damage. But they allow scooters which do just as much damage. That one of the reasons why it seems like we’re in trouble cause if we ride at any good spots we usually get the cops called and get tickets. Also living in Heber theres not a real skate park so we have nowhere fun to bike where we won’t get in trouble. I think that they should let us do it wherever because it’s what we love to do and we need somewhere to do it.