The Role of the Guitarist in Eternal Glory

Jake - Heber City, Utah

I believe that playing guitar can and has had a major impact on my life, as well as others. By playing the guitar, it raises your soul into the highest degree of glory that can be tasted by the humans on this Earth. The love of playing the guitar is good enough, not to mention all of the fame and fortune that comes along with it. These are, in my opinion, the best things that have graced the human soul over the thousands of years that humans have been on the planet. Many of the world’s most famous guitarists, such as Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobaine, who both died at the age of 28. I believe that the God of Rock himself comes down from heaven and brings these guys back up with him while they are in their prime, so that they will forever be able to play these beautiful instruments. I hope that some day I will become a world-renowned guitarist so that I can be able to play my guitar for eternity when the God of Rock takes me up into heaven. So today I spend most of my free time playing my guitar with my band, “Van Horrible”, or just playing by myself. Even if I don’t become famous, I’ll will always be able to enjoy playing.

Studies have shown that students who play musical instruments to better in school. After hearing this I had to ask myself, “Well, whats my excuse then?” I have about a 3.6 GPA in school but feel that I could do better. Guitar playing is a great skill that will cause others to envy you throughout your life. And you get to meet new friends who share the same interest in guitar playing. All in all, guitar playing is just good for the soul, in day and night, hot and cold, wet and dry, and even life and death… Guitar playing will always revive your spirit and remind you what you live for. That is what I believe.