Samuel - Midway, Utah

I believe we need to be less stereotypical. We need to stop judging people by their race, religion, or beliefs. We need to get to know people better before we go out and give them no chance to show their true personalities. I myself need to be less stereotypical and get to know people before I judge their personality and lifestyle.

We all need to also learn the real meaning of the word racist too. In the dictionary it says the word “RACISM” means to think that what you believe is superior to what someone else believes and that there is no other way to believe. It can also mean that you are prejudice to a race or religion. We all have to understand the purpose of not being racial in either way. We also need to understand that not everyone has the same situations and that you don’t know what happens at home. America has had problems in the past about racism. But that doesn’t give people the right to believe that since it happened in the past that people have the right to feel the same way now. We also need to stop looking for reasons to get mad about things people say when they are not meaning it racist. But also we need to focus on a good choice of words so people done misinterpret what you say.

I like getting the opportunity to get to learn more about other people’s religions and races. It is a great opportunity to go to another religion’s church service or temple.

Recently I got the opportunity to go to Mississippi. There I got to learn about the different standards and rules they have there. I noticed the schools and families are in general more strict. It is weird that they are still allowed to hit children in schools. It is great that I have the opportunity to travel as much as I do. I also went to Costa Rica. It is considered a third world country. But all the people there are so nice and very hospitable. Groceries and food there is fairly inexpensive. I really loved the people there.