Whitley - Heber, Utah

Whitley M

Period 8th

This I Believe…

I believe that the key to life is being active and healthy. No matter who you are you can always find a way to be healthy. The other day I was in health class and my teacher showed us a video, it was about staying healthy and being active. There was a woman who was paralyzed from her waist down, who still managed to be a very healthy person, she didn’t let being paralyzed hold her back. She ate healthy foods and found ways to exercise that didn’t concern using anything but her upper body. She loved boxing and started going to a boxing class so many days a week. That goes to show that no matter who you are, you can be a healthy person.

Is fat the new normal? Well… in the United States 30.6 percent of who people who live here are obese. We have the highest percentage of obese people throughout the world! Scientists say that countries with high obesity rates are so high because of people don’t get enough exercise and are eating way way to much of the wrong foods. That shows that people in the United States need to start exercising an following a healthy diet. The best way to lower that percentage is too stat good habits at an early age. That means while your in school start a sport! Basketball, swimming, wrestling, soccer, tennis, track, or football. Just any sport that you enjoy. Because it helps you to be active. Also joining a sport reduces chances of drugs and teen pregnancy.

I believe that being active and healthy leads to a better and more enjoyable life! You don’t have to be self conscious, and you can do all the things that you want to do. I’m into 3 school sports. I play basketball, soccer and softball. I don’t now what I would do without them. It’s such a good way to stain in shape and be healthy. It also teaches team work and respect. A ll you focus on is beating the other teams that you play. You need to be in shape and have high endurance. And to do that you need to eat healthy and word hard at practice. So’ to lower the percentage of obese people in the United States I do advise you to get out there and be active!