Ryan - Wallsburg, Utah
Themes: respect

Everyone Deserves Respect

The walls are dull and gray and they are lined with room after room, each with one bed, a toilet, and a sink. There is no room in this little 9 by 6 area. The floors are bedded with stone cold concrete. In this room lies a man that’s face is filled with fear. The thought of meeting his maker after what he just did, makes him tremble.

Even in this lonely place called Death Row, people still deserve respect. In the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence it say that they believe in “Laws of Nature”. Within these laws, Respect is one of the most important. Respect is to treat with considerations. Why is it important to respect prisoners? Even though they have made bad choices, they were at onetime just like you. You might say it was their fault they got put in Death row and maybe it was, but you don’t know what they experienced. Maybe their parents abused them at the age of 4. They thought that was normal because they didn’t know anything else, so when they grew up they did the same thing.

We all have strengths and weaknesses. Maybe one of their weaknesses is not being able to control their anger, and maybe one of your strengths is to help people overcome this problem.

Treating prisoners wrong is just like animals cruelty. They are both living things with feelings, trapped in a cage with nothing to do. Respecting them gives them hope and confidence for their future, whatever it may be.

An animal mutalist is where one animal lives off another and both animals gain. This relationship is formed with a bond of respect. With this respect they can both help each other survive and improve their lifestyle. Treating others with respect works in the same way.

You don’t have to like someone to respect someone. When you respect the people who treat you unfair, you eliminate some of the problems that come with disrespecting each other. When some of the problems are eliminated you can focus on better things.

I believe that everyone deserves respect and that respect is our character. This I Believe.