Karson - Heber City, Utah
Themes: community

I believe that teamwork is the key to success in everything. Working together united as a team, to accomplish your objective. You may ask why it is so important? Why should we care if we are able to work with other people? If we don’t listen to other people we are not just hurting them, but also ourselves. They may have a good idea that could help you, and we will be able to achieve more.

Some ways we can learn how to be a team player is by playing sports, joining clubs, etc. But do more than just show up and stand there. Don’t be afraid to be a leader and set and example to others, but don’t be a “know it all.” Listen to others and build off their ideas. By doing this you will be able to communicate better with the people around you. But like I said you have to lead by example need to be the one that stands up for whats right. I try to do my best at this, but some times I get a little to carried away. For example, I play football and some times I get pretty competitive and start to telling other kids what to do, and if they don’t do it then I get angry and start to yell at them. This is not a good example of what a good leader should be like. A good leader is one that is willing to work hard to benifite others. One who doesn’t care about his welfare as much as the welfare of others.

You can learn teamwork and leadership on and off the playing field. Be an example to your friends by getting good grades and being respectful to everyone you come in contact with. To be a good example to others, you need to also help others with out them asking for it. I have been taught to be a good example and I give my 100% effort in to doing so. I’m not perfect by any means, but if you never try, you will never succesed. This I believe.