Austin - Heber City, Utah
Themes: sports

Competition Is Healthy

Do you ever feel like you need to stay fit and do it in a fun way? If so, competition is the thing for you. Every sport or activity usually involves some type of competition. Whether it is a summer, fall, spring, or winter sport it will still have competition. Competition can cause anger, sadness, happiness, and many other types of feelings. Some sports involve special training for the athletes which keeps them strong and healthy. Training can also help the person compete better. Professional sports are big on training the athletes because the teams and coaches are all about winning.

Coaches vary in their styles of coaching. Some coaches just play their favorite players or the best players just so they can win games. Other coaches believe in equal playing time for their players and they don’t care if they lose because they just play to have fun. The coaches that play their best players just so they can win usually push their players in practices. They make the players run a lot so they can stay healthy and in shape so they can compete better in games and tournaments. I was on a competitive basketball team a couple of years ago with a coach that played to win so only six out of our ten players got to play in the games. We won a lot of games and a few tournaments but it wasn’t that fun for the four kids that didn’t get to play because they had to go to practice five times a week and work just as hard as all of the kids that got to play all of the time and they didn’t get to play in any of the games. By the end of the season all four of those kids that didn’t get to play quit the team which left the team with only six players.

Sports are great for kids of any age because it keeps them active and healthy. They also get to meet new people from other cities that they compete with. When they get into school and they join the school team, they have to have good grades to stay on the team. Therefore, they will work harder in school and get good grades.

I think every kid in this world should get involved in a sport because there is a sport for everyone. Plus, you can stay fit and do it in a fun way. THIS I BELIEVE.