Taylor - Heber City, Utah

Battle of the Sexes

Have you ever you felt like guys are superior to you? Like they are better than you just because they are guys? Well I have and I’m here to tell you that this is absolutely not true. I believe that guys are not superior to girls in anything. Yes, genetically boys naturally have more muscle than girls, but that really doesn’t change anything. Just because they have more muscle doesn’t mean that they can beat a girl in soccer, basketball, or even baseball.

In the world today, girls play just as many sports as boys do, receive the same scholarships, have the same careers, and attend the same universities. Both girls and boys can become a government official, become a minister, or even run for president. So why do most guys think they are better than girls? Now I am not saying that all guys walk around with this big ego telling how much better they are than a girl to anyone that will listen, because not all guys have big heads like that, but I have met a few.

A few years ago in my 7th grade literature class, we were talking about an upcoming rivalry football game. Some of the girls in that class started saying how they wish that they could play football and how they couldn’t wait for Powder Puff so they could finally have a chance to play. Their conversation was interrupted when a few boys turned around and started to laugh at the girls. With confused expressions on their faces they asked what was so funny. One of the boys responded with a huge smile on his face, “Enjoy Powder Puff while you can because there is no way that any girl is going to ever play football, outside of it.” “Well, why not?” One of the girls questioned. The boy turned back around and with a small chuckle and a smug grin on his face he said, “Because there is no way that any girl anywhere, will ever beat out a boy in anything. Girls will never be as athletic or as strong as guys.” With a look of satisfaction on his face he turned forward in his seat and and started back to work on an assignment. Now I don’t know if this boy was a bit senile or if he didn’t get enough sleep the night before and was kind of out of it, but I don’t believe one word that he said. I believe that girls have the power to do whatever they want to do! So if you want to be president or be quarterback on that football team, you go girl, and don’t let anybody stop you.