Denton - Wheaton, Illinois
Themes: work

Throughout my life I have been brought up as someone who needs to respect other people. The belief that I live by doesn’t only show respect to other people it also forces me to show respect for myself. I believe in completing the journey. My father was the one who showed me that it was important to fight through the journey. My father always told me that quitters will always regret quitting. He always urged me not to do a sport unless I would see that sport through until the end.

My father is not the only role model in my life to believe in completing the journey or as he would put it staying the course. My wrestling coach frowns upon quitting. After a colleague of mine decided to quit the wrestling team my coach would say that he was not worried about him giving up on the wrestling team, he was worried about the outcome of his latter life. This friend of mine, I believe, has already begun to regret his decision to end his wrestling career. After pursuing it for eight or more years and creating many friends in the process, it was hard to believe that he would quit. After his decision to quit his friends began to tease him to the point of annoyance. He was a good wrestler who had a chance to make it to qualify for state; there is no doubt he will regret his decision in life.

I have also wrestled for eight or more years by now, played football for two years, and have participated in seasons of soccer and basketball. Never have I quit a sport in the middle of a season because it was too tough or not my type of sport. Freshmen year in high school, our wrestling team consisted of forty members. Four years later our senior team contains thirteen members.

Because of the way I was raised and taught, I believe in completing the journey, and in completing the journey it will help you to have a more successful life, a life without regret. The challenges in life are what helps to make your life unique to another person’s life fighting through adversity is a challenge, and I strive for challenges. That is why I believe in completing the journey.