Kate - Moyock, North Carolina

Everyone at least once in their lifetime feels a pain that is almost and sometimes life-taking. A pain that cuts deep into the heart and tears at the soul; making a human feel betrayed. A pain that makes a person cry into the dawn of the night. This pain you may ask is the pain of finally realizing the emotional-strain someone puts on your heart. The way silky-smooth lies are a jagged rocks stabbing right into our chests and that’s why I believe in letting go. Letting go of doesn’t mean to stop caring, dreaming, and most important loving. It simply means that we can accept the fact that something’s aren’t meant to be.

Even though I had planned my future with this mistake of a man doesn’t mean my future is to ruins…my life, and my dreams still awaits me. I have learned that letting go is not to regret the past but to grow and live in the future, it is to admit that you are powerless. To let go you shouldn’t change everything in your life instead you should take each day as it comes and cherish each and every moment.

I know first hand that when a guy I love leaves its tough and I feel disappoint but honestly its not my loss, but rather his, for he left the only person who would have given up anything to be his everything. I know he will figure out that I am true to him and would have always been and he’ll want to come back but I have to be strong because sometimes there are no second chances and sometimes “I’m sorry” doesn’t make things better. I will not repeat the chapters of my life when I know the ending. I will always have memories of the times I shared with him and the memories will make me smile and be happy because for at least a while I was his girl.

In time…the pain it took to stay with him became greater than the pain to let go. The world is big and theirs no point in wasting time on someone who can’t love me like I love him. Now I stand alone just to prove to myself that I still can. I’m not saying I don’t believe in love because I’d rather bleed from the cuts of love than live with no scars. But sometimes you have to realize you’ll never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be and that’s why I believe in letting go.