Brooke - 84032, Utah
Themes: courage

Brooke B

December 14, 2007

Have the Courage to Be You

Do you have the courage to be yourself or stand up for what you believe in? I believe that people should have the courage to be themselves because that’s who they are and acting like something there not isn’t being true to themselves or anyone else. If you sit there and think about it being your self is more than okay. I have experience with having the courage to be your self.

When I was younger I was afraid to be myself because I didn’t think I would be accepted by everyone. After a while I finally thought that I should be myself because that’s better than acting like something I am not all the time. When I went to school the next day and started being myself I was surprised to see that all of my friends still were friends with me and accepted me for me. I was happy that they accepted me for me and even if they didn’t I promised myself I wouldn’t worry about it because being myself was the best thing I could ever do. There’s nothing wrong with being different either. I thought when I was younger that everyone should be the same and act the same. I was wrong. If everyone in the world was the same, life would be so boring and just super dull. Everybody would like the same things and do the same things etc. The world has a variety of different people and variety is awesome!

Usually if you can accept who you are as a person people will accept you and even if they don’t that’s their problem. You should just move on and get over it just as long as you are happy with yourself. You shouldn’t base your life off of what other people think you should just be who you want to be and live up to your own expectations. Life’s short and you want to live it to its fullest!