Kelsi - Heber city, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

Kelsi K

“This I Believe”Essay

12/14/07

” Dream As If You’ll Live Forever, Live As If You’ll Die Today”

I believe in living life to the fullest. In the third grade, I did a report on James Dean. I found a quote by him that has stuck with me ever since then. It goes, “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” These few simple words have encouraged me ever since and I try to remember it every day.

You never know when you’re going to die. It could be today or tomorrow or even fifty years from now. But, I don’t want to be sitting at the hospital with “what if’s” going through my head. Or something about how I never told someone how I felt about them? Or spent so much time regretting over something point less instead of moving on with my life?

That’s why I try to live with no regrets even if it means making a really stupid decision at the time. At least you made the mistake and learned from it, which is the most important part. And, why waste your time worrying what others think? It’s not their life. Live it as you want to live it without taking things way out of proportion. And make a difference. I want to leave this place with many good memories of me. That, people could say WOW she lived a great life and was always having fun. If you’re always bored, make things fun. My aunt Ginger once told me,”Only boring people are bored.”

I also always try to smile. There is no fun in being sad everyone knows that. But, the few seconds you waste on being sad, you could have been happy. If someone gives you a second chance, take it and don’t let them down. So, I say take a lot of pictures, remember the good memories, try new things. And leave this place with everyone remembering you in some sort of way either good or bad at least you’re remembered and you know you defiantly left an impression on someone. Remember who you are no one is better then any one we’re all the same and are capable of making a difference in the world and doing something great. Live your life to the fullest. This I believe.