LaKrista - Wallsburg, Utah

LaKrista S

“This I Believe” Essay

December 14, 2007

Being Positive

What do you believe in? Do a lot of people believe in the same thing? Well, I don’t know about you but I believe in being positive!

I believe that if you are positive and confident you can achieve anything. I know if I wasn’t positive I would not be half of the person I am today. I wouldn’t have accomplished nearly as many goals that I already have. When I walk out of a room I want people to say good things about me, and realize how happy and positive I am. I want them to realize they should be the same way!

I strongly think that if someone is a positive person that they will have more friends, good family relationships, and other opportunities for great extra curricular activities. Just the other day the Drill Team had a competition. And I’m sure you all know that in past years the Drill Team hasn’t been to spectacular or in any case good. We have all heard what people say about us so this year we decided that we were going to be number one, or at least give it our all to try to be number one. Well anyways right before we went on to do our first dance our captain reminded us how hard we have worked and what our goal had been. Then she said, “Don’t even worry about it. You all know this dance. So, just go out there and give it your all, and be POSITIVE!” We went out there and danced our hearts out. We came off the floor with the biggest smiles on our faces knowing that we had just done our best.

Well, come to find out later on that we took first in that dance! And I will never, ever forget how that felt. So what isn’t there to be positive about? Life’s too short just to be sad and unhappy. I’m sure you could even make it all better in the end by being happy. Even if something goes wrong try to find the good in things in the situation, and just smile and be p-o-s-i-t-i-v-e!!